About Charlene Edge's Blog on The Way International


Pictured is Charlene L. Edge at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida. 2016. Photo by her husband, Dr. Hoyt L. Edge.

Welcome to my blog about The Way International and related topics such as cults, Christian fundamentalism, and my memoir, Undertow, that describes my 17-year immersion in The Way as a leader and biblical researcher. 

If you don't know, The Way was started about 75 years ago by Victor Paul Wierwille in Ohio. It is still in business as I write this on September 10, 2026. That fact distresses me beyond measure. If you want to know why, my memoir answers that question, and so do many posts on this blog.

The Way's current website is: The Way International - Biblical Research, Teaching, and Fellowship

The content on this blog

Many of the posts you find here I first published on my author website at https://charleneedge.com. This month I retired that website. With its disappearance from the internet went more than 400 posts I wrote during a period of nearly 12 years. 

However, before they went poof, I saved them and ones about the subjects mentioned above I published here, sometimes in a revised form. I intend to keep this blog available indefinitely.

For personal reasons, the Comments section on each blog post are closed. I am retired from moderating comments on what I write. 

I'm also retired from taking email or text messages about The Way or about my memoir. Thanks for your understanding.

I also want you to know I did not use, nor will I use, any AI product in composing any of my content.

You can find more about me and my books on my profile page at The Authors Guild. I've been a member of that wonderful organization for more than a decade.

Visit me there at https://go.authorsguild.org/members/1424

I am not on any social media platform, although I am on Goodreads.

Thanks for reading,

Charlene Edge


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Did Victor Paul Wierwille Say About Women?

Sexual Misconduct Lawsuit Against The Way International

Letters that Victor Paul Wierwille wrote to The Way Corps 1977- 1981